Injustice



There are many injustices in the world today and not everyone is treated equal even when it is obvious that they should. There are many people who do not get hired for a job because of their gender, race, or religion. There are many forms of injustice in the world as well and that could happen in a workplace, in the community, or even in your own home. There was a time when working with youth that I saw an injustice happen. There was a kid who was always teased for personal reasons and was treated unfairly. I pulled the whole group and talked to everyone about being nice to each other. I told them that we are all the same and no one should be treated poorly or looked down upon. I was always told treat everyone with respect and that is how I was raised. It was natural for me to treat everyone like how I wanted to be treated because that was all I knew from an early age. Later on I was able to lead anti-bullying activities and at that time I wish that I could have done these activities that I learned with that group. There are more things that I know now that could have used to help that group and have them respect each other better. 

Image result for be the change you want to see in the world wallpaper



Comments

  1. JACOB!

    HI.
    I think that it is great that when you saw an action of injustice occur, you talked to the whole group versus reprimanding one person. I too think that group centered talks are beneficial and insightful considering everyone has a different past/perspective. I appreciate your approach to teaching anti-bullying activties with the group as well.

    NICE WORK

    -Elana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Myself

Youth Development Ideology